Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My New York Adventures!






I am so excited to finally have a blog! Although it will probably be really boring to those who look at it, I am really excited to have a journal of all the random and funny things that happen in my life. So I figure I will start off my blog by talking about one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me. In January I had the opportunity to randomly go to New York for a weekend...It was the best most spontaneous trip ever! And this is how it happened....This summer I decided that I wanted to do somthing I have never done before, so I moved to a new place where I knew nobody. Quickly, I met Kristi who quickly became one of my closest friends. Well as it turns out she has a twin brother who goes to West Point in New York. I honestly don't know when her brother and I started talking but we did sometime in fall semester.
Anyway, I got on on facebook one monday in January and I had a inbox from someone at West Point. I read the inbox and it was from one of Adam's friends asking me to go to West Point that friday to go to a Formal Dinner/Dance thing. I laughed at that for a few reasons 1) his friend was askig me. 2) I do NOT have the money to got to New York. 3) I worked that friday and there was no way I was going to be able to get it off. 4) My parents would ever let me fly across the country to meet a boy I have never met before. So, I just sent back a inbox stating these reasons why I could not go and I just laughted it off. Tuesday I get a call from Adam asking me to go, and he told me that I would not have to pay to go out there, So I assumed that it would be free because his dad is a Pilot. But I still had to work, and it was that friday!! Plus, I would need to find a dress! So, that day I went and basically cried to my boss for her to let me have it off and she gave it to me off. started talking but we did. Then I called my mom...and to my surprise she said "I guess if it was me, I would want to go.."
At this point it was Wednesday morning...It was official I was going to New York in 42 hours I had just gotten my flight comframation in my E-mail...it was not until I got this E-mail that I realized it was definately not free and Adam totally paid for it! Well...I still needed a dress and had no clue where I was going to find one that would work. So me and my roommate went shopping and finally found one but it was wayyy to big. So my rooommate Grace said she could take it in on the sides, and I had no choice but to trust her. Thursday came, and my dress was not done, when I came back from school that day, the sides were let out and my dress was literally cut in half. It was at this point that I started to freak out a little...luckily when I got back from work it was finished. I loved it!!!
The next day was friday. New York here I come! Flying was kind of scary seeing as how I have never done it alone before but I made all of my flights. It was not until I was sitting on the plane that I realized...This weekend could be a disaster, I don't know even know this person. Oh well it was too late to turn back!
I got to New York and oh my gosh! It was one of the best weekends of my life! We got there and went to Little Italy for dinner YUM! and I got to see Times Square at night, It was amazing!! I also got to ride on a subway, and a train up to West Point! I have never been on a subway or a train before! On Saturday we went up to West Point, It was the prettiest school I have ever seen in my life! We got all dressed up (the guys all had to wear uniforms...Yes...Uniforms...) and we went to the dinner. It was so good, and the program was awesome! Plus, their they make the boys treat the girls really nice...that was really exciting. Everything there has such order and tradition to it. It really is amazing.
Sunday came, my flight did not leave until 6:00 P.M, So I had time to see more of the city before I left. We went back to the New York City early that day we saw the statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and some other awesome sights. Plus, I got to go into the most amazing make up store ever!
The trip came to an end way to fast! Next time I go to New York I hope I will definately get to stay longer. But, this weekend was proabably one of the most fun and exciting weekends I have ever experienced in my life. It was somthing that not many people say they have done. I am so lucky that I got to experience it!

No comments:

Post a Comment